Scientific excellence at EIPHI
Mainly powered by 3 renowned French research labs (FEMTO-ST, ICB and IMB) and their associated partners, EIPHI graduate school is willing to develop its excellence in research focused on the development of innovative Smart systems.
The EIPHI scientific project is resolutely based on a top-down systemic vision combining at best research, technology, industrial development and societal impact well identified at the European level: Efficiency, Safety and Security, Well-being and Information society.
It combines both the development of multidisciplinary demonstrators and high-risky challenges dealing with:
- multiscale/physical integration and miniaturization,
- accurate control of multiphysically-coupled and non-stationary waves,
- functional “programmable” (meta)-materials and –surfaces,
- complex heterogenous system architecture design and management,
- sustainability/energy efficiency,
- big data, reliability and robustness,
- along with socio-economic criteria like social acceptance and cost.
EIPHI research program is structured around 3 main topics:
- Active metacomposites & metamaterials
- Active micro-nano-mechatronics
- Programmable matter
Monitoring & Prediction of complex systems
- Prognostic & Structural health monitoring/management
- Multifunctional sensors & (wireless) networks
- Photonic neuromorphic computing
Compact, active and agile information processing devices
- Integrated micro-nanophotonic and phononic components
- Smart nonlinear and quantum systems at micro-nano-scale
- Ultrafast control
- Time-frequency microdevices
The dynamic course of the project is largely sustained by chairs of excellence, worldwide academic and industrial partnerships, active training and valorization actions towards a wide range of markets: mobility aerospace, defence, health and food, environment, energy, smart factory, telecoms, information processing and internet of things.
Please visit our research laboratories websites :